How Hard Can It Be To Drive?

I’ve come a long way since my first lesson. I’m not as nervous but that could be because I know where I’m going half the time. I haven’t ventured out too far from home and I also check the maps for the best and easiest routes before I leave. Anything with a huge round-a-bout or if I have to merge or change lanes still makes me feel a little scared. And Brendan has found out what happens if my route has changed from what I planned…  freak OUT!

I’m taking it easy though. Despite taking it easy I’ve still had a couple close encounters. I hear that’s to be expected. I’m psyching myself up to take the next big step and that’s to get on the freeway. I suggested we try at night first and see how we go. It’s something I really need to do. To get around here EVERYONE needs to get onto the freeway. I can’t see my friends, my family or go to work unless I get on this road.

I hear so many stories of 15 year old kids stealing cars and driving them on the freeway. If they can do I why can’t I? That’s literally what’s getting me through the fear. Kids stealing and going on joyrides.

I’m planning on buying a couple more professional lessons in the following weeks. I’d like to go back to the lady who initially taught me that way she can see the improvement and pull me up on what I’m screwing up. Plus, I also want to get some sort of relationship going because I’d like her to grade me when I finally go for the big license.

My plan is to get my license by the end of the year. That shouldn’t be too hard seeing as I got more confidence. It helps that my 20-year-old sister just got her license the other week and is buying a car. Let’s call her my motivation. I still have 2 other sisters who don’t drive. One is too young and the other is 28 and just doesn’t. I’m trying to get her on my boat and encourage her so we can do things together. She’ll get there eventually. Maybe seeing our younger sister having a life will motivate both of us further.

I also have a bit of money saved up that I was going to put into a little procedure this year but have had second thoughts and is currently on hold until I can figure out some life changing things. So, instead of putting the money into myself I have a nice little nest for a new car as well. All that car shopping last year could be coming full circle again if I do what I plan. And this time…. I’m getting my damn Suzuki Swift!

I’m gonna be cool like this dude

One thought on “How Hard Can It Be To Drive?

1. Timothy Price
    August 4, 2021 at 10:34 pm

I grew up driving, so it’s easy for me, but I can imagine learning to drive as an adult could create a lot of anxiety. If the drivers where you are are anything like our crazies. That would pile on the anxiety.

• August 6, 2021 at 12:13 am

I think I may be putting too much pressure on myself. I see people and watch the way people drive and they seem very relaxed. That’s where I want my level to be at. At the moment if my bf says turn left and I dont get the demand 5 minutes before, I freak out lol. I’m still working out the time it takes to do things like put on blinkers and change lanes haha. I wish I grew up driving though. Would have definitely made my life easier. That’s for sure

Liked by 1 person

• Timothy Price
        August 6, 2021 at 2:02 am

You will get better with practice.

2. August 5, 2021 at 4:08 am

Good Luck. I didn’t get my license until I was 19. And I want another Smart Car when I drive again.

• August 6, 2021 at 12:08 am

You make 19 sound so old haha. Try being 34 and only just learning. And when I say learning I mean from the bottom. I like to think that will make me a more better driver only because I’ve been a passenger for so long. And I’m the type that really watches other people drive. I’m a nervous passenger lol.
      Is there a particular smart car you have in mind?

• August 6, 2021 at 1:34 am

Oh, I didn’t know how old you were! Lol… Don’t worry, I will always be way older. Funny, how that works.
        I just want a regular Smart Car. That’s the title. I had one before and I really miss it. Plus, I can get a used one for about 5K.