This month, I vow to be more productive. I don’t know how but I’d say I’m already off to a good start by putting that motivation out into the world.
I have a tendency to procrastinate and not stick to things but this month, it’s going to be different. And I’m going to be held accountable.
I’m also going to try to be a little more positive although I can’t promise this will last the whole month. I’ll try to make an effort though. Here’s some of goals for this August:
- I’ll continue to post daily – I’d say this one is going well so far. I’m on a 2-week streak which is the longest I’ve had in quite some time. On top of that I’m enjoying it as well. It doesn’t feel forced. And I’m starting to find it therapeutic at times. It’s almost like it’s giving me a piece of my own time, just for myself. I like it. It’s also making me think. What do I want this place to be? Would I take it in a direction where there would be a theme here or will I continue to use this space as my own personal journal? I do have things I want to blog about. Things I want to post. Reviews. Photography. Ideas. I just don’t want to commit to something and then disappoint myself for not sticking to my own plan.
- I will lose 3kgs (6lbs) this month – I think this will be easy. I just have to actually stick to it this time. No screwing around. Don’t cheat. I know what I need to change which is basically everything. I know what has caused a couple kilos to be gained. And that’s, little to no physical activity. More cooking = more eating. That has to change.
- No take-away in August – This is going to be hard one but one I’ll manage. Funny enough, pre-covid, we never ordered food. If we did, it was maybe once a month. Let’s just say that it has greatly increased. So, we need to bring that down by at least 100%. I will own up now though, I fucked up last night and got KFC but let’s just have a re-do. Start the 1st of the month from today. In some places it is the first of the month anyway, right?
- Daily questions – I want to reflect more and will be doing this daily. Maybe I’ll post it. Maybe I want. It would make for a nice post though. Maybe do an end of week reflection. We’ll see.
- I’m going to see people this month – I already have a couple things lined up although I don’t feel like I can fully commit to this as much as I’d like to. That’s my fault though. I like being inside too much but this is also a reason why I’ve gained a little weight. I don’t leave my house! So being more social would help me out as well.
- Do at least one activity a week – This could also go with seeing people. I feel like being more social stops me from doing extracurricular activities. I think I just realized what my problem is. In my head there’s only 2 days for me to do things, Saturday and Sunday. That’s when I choose either to socialize, go out or do nothing. If I did things during the week maybe I would feel like I had more time.
- Take more pictures – I need to do this. No excuses.
So, there you have it. Here are some of my August aspirations. I’ll be keen to see how many I complete or stick to.