The Sky Is Angry

The last 24 hours have been filled with many crazy weather events. We’ve had rain. We’ve had shine. We’ve had hail. We’ve had wild winds. It’s been a mess.

Last night I went to go have a shower and as I’m standing there staring in the mirror trying to hype myself up to undress in such a cold room the lights went out. You notice when the power goes out the house goes real quiet? You don’t realize how much buzz electricity really is around you.

Then while I stood there the lights came back on.

Then they went off again.

Then they came back on.

Then they went off and stayed off.

I didn’t even get to the point of taking my clothes off which was lucky for me. I got to stay warm. Sucked for Brendan though. As soon as the power went out, he was getting ready to play a game he downloaded while working and was looking forward to it all day. The timing was perfect.

Of course, there’s the initial chaos:

“THE POWER IS OUT!!”
“HOW DO YOU KNOW?”
“CAUSE THERE’S NO POWER!”
“FOR HOW LONG?”
“I DON’T KNOW! I’M NOT THE POWER GUYS!”

Lucky for me I have a lot of candles, so I was ready for this. Not only that we had fully juiced up laptops, Nintendo Switch, phone and I also bought these fairy lights that are battery operated and I stuck up behind my bed so really, my room was liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I thought I’d take my candles in the bathroom and have that shower I intended to have but I was quick to realize that my hot water is electric… of course!

The night was spent with Brendan passing out at about 9pm and me staying up till 2am looking for the perfect birthday gift for my best friend and also trying to put together an out for her event (we’re going to a winery). Hopefully no lockdown but who the hell knows? She’s recycling her winery idea from last year because Covid blew it for her and she didn’t get to do it. Fingers crossed it happens.

Off topic, I want to start writing down my dreams because I have some crazy dreams and lately, they are real vivid. And they seem to be centered around pregnancy…… yeah… Not sure what’s going on there but they’ve been wild.

Till we meet another day.

One thought on “The Sky Is Angry

1. Timothy Price
    July 28, 2021 at 10:39 pm

Nice ghost town tour. Things do get really quiet when tho power goes out.

Liked by 1 person

• July 28, 2021 at 10:54 pm

It’s almost eerie and then you realize that you should probably turn some power points off before you go to bed.

Liked by 1 person

2. July 31, 2021 at 4:19 am

I get that sudden silence thing when the power goes out. I kind of like it. You’re right. You don’t realize how much buzzing is going on until it just stops. As for the dreams…I would say that perhaps on a subjective level the pregnancy theme suggests that changes are on the way. The birth of something new perhaps? 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• July 31, 2021 at 11:07 pm

Question? Can you dream read? Cause I got a dozen or so reoccurring ones that could use deciphering!

Liked by 1 person

• July 31, 2021 at 11:20 pm

Well, I wouldn’t call myself a dream reader but I love uncovering a good mystery lol. There are a lot of dream meaning sites out there but I’d be willing to take a stab at it. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• July 31, 2021 at 11:25 pm

Don’t worry. I wouldn’t want to scare you away just yet lol. And I like looking at those sites the only issue is you look up the one thing in your dream that stands out, like a whale but you got to correlate it with other things that’s going on. It’s like people who read cards. I can do that too but I don’t get how to flow it. That’s when you got to call in the professionals.

Liked by 1 person

• July 31, 2021 at 11:29 pm

I see what you mean. Yeah, basic meanings don’t tie in the context and so it can feel a bit disjointed. As for scaring me away…very hard to do lol and so ok then I’ll be totally honest, I love dream interpretation and yes, I have read dreams before, Haven’t in awhile so I just don’t like to set an expectation that I’m some sort of expert lol

Liked by 1 person

• July 31, 2021 at 11:33 pm

Let me know when you’re ready to go. I got at least 3 lined up I need interpreting lol

Liked by 1 person

• July 31, 2021 at 11:37 pm

Lol ok, I can take a look at them today if you would like 🙂 You can email me if you prefer privacy but either way is fine by me.